£525 + NEBDN Registration Fee (currently £195)
The Certificate In dental radiography is a valuable qualification for dental nurses that are hoping to further their careers. All our courses are fully accredited by the NEBDN (National Examining Board of Dental Nurses).
The course duration will be between 9 – 12 months. The student decides which exam they wish to aim for after a telephone call with the tutor to introduce them self and go over the expectations of the course.
The online course provides:
· Full tutor support and guidance via E-mail and telephone
· All educational material and guidance on how to complete the NEBDN ROC (record of competence)
· All lectures with voiceovers to make learning easier
· ROC provided
· Personal student log in to the training website
· Mock examination to be taken in your own environment
· Dental radiography NEBDN Syllabus comprehensively covered
The Certificate in dental radiography is for qualified dental nurses already on the GDC Register. Students enrolled on this course will need to keep up to date with the work and complete their ROC to a high standard to be eligible for the exam.
This post qualification certificate will require the direct supervision for each radiograph taken by one or more witnesses within the practice. Any qualified member of staff can witness you to complete your ROC. You can have one or more witnesses, for example a hygienist, therapist, dentist or a dental nurse that holds the radiography qualification.
The mentor is the person accepting overall responsibility to help you throughout your training mentally and they do not have to witness you. Your tutor will contact the mentor with progress reports to inform them of your academic progress and to get feedback on your clinical progress.
Part A – PCAS (Practical competence assessment sheets)
Students are required to take:
· 10 DPT’S (dental panoramic radiographs)
· 10 pairs of bitewing radiographs
· 10 types of other radiographs, to include 2 bisecting angle technique periapicals (can be undertaken on a dry skull), 2 occlusal views (can be undertaken on a dry skull), 2 cephalometric lateral skull views (can be taken on a dry skull), 4 any ‘other’ type of radiographs.
The completion of 3 case studies. Each case study must be between 1000-1500 words. The case studies are for the following procedures:
· 1 x Dental Panoramic Radiograph
· 1 x Bitewing radiograph
· 1 x Paralleling technique periapical radiograph
Supplementary Outcomes x 6
Students will need to complete a series of supplementary outcomes for procedures that they may not necessarily gain experience of in a clinical environment or which it may not be possible to assess their knowledge by other means.
· Oblique lateral mandible
· Bisected angle periapical
· Lateral cephalometric
· A copy of the dental practice local rules
· 2 reflective accounts one at the start of the course and one at the end
· CPD record relating to dental radiography eg: background meetings, reading, courses etc.
This is an online 90 minute exam consisting of 45 MCQ (multiple choice questions) and 30 EMQ’S (extended matching questions) questions. You do not need to attend a centre for this exam. It can be carried out on a computer at home or work.